We congratulate Vyacheslav Starshinov!
On the 6th of May, honoured Soviet ice hockey player Vyacheslav Starshinov, who is a two-time Olympic champion, celebrates his birthday. The Russian Ice Hockey Federation wishes him a very happy birthday, as well as health and happiness!
Starshinov Vyacheslav Ivanovich
Born on the 6th of May 1940 in Moscow
Honoured USSR Master of Sports in 1963
- Two-time Olympic champion
- Nine-time world champion
- 1961 World Championship bronze medalist
- Three-time USSR champion, won the silver medal on four occasions and the bronze five times
- Won the USSR Cup twice, also once a runner up
- Japanese champion in 1977
- Entered the IIHF Hall of Fame in 2007 and the Russian Hall of Fame in 2004